Description: Corrugated company in Longview is currently hiring for an Expediting Clerk to work in their Customer Service Department. This candidate will need to have a background in production and scheduling. Previous inventory control experience required as well as knowledge of lean manufacturing. Experience handling large accounts required. Will be assisting customers with large orders and processing shipments in the warehouse. Must have excellent communications skills and ability to meet deadlines. Position is Mon-Fri 8-5. Some Saturdays may be required.
1) Arranges for delivery and distributes supplies and parts to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules.
2) Calculates figures, such as labor and materials amounts, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machine, or calculator.
3) Compiles schedules and orders, such as personnel assignments, production, work flow, transportation, and maintenance and repair.
4) Completes status reports, such as production progress, customer information, and materials inventory.
5) Confers with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate processing and shipping, and to resolve complaints.
6) Examines documents, materials, and products, and monitors work processes for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
7) Maintains files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, and cost reports.
8) Requisitions and maintains inventory of materials and supplies to meet production demands.
9) Reviews documents, such as production schedules, staffing tables, and specifications to obtain information, such as materials, priorities, and personnel requirements.